Profile Picture

About Highlights and Shadows

Everyone has a story.

Ordinary experiences. Extraordinary experiences.

Highlights and Shadows will share images that tell a story.

Photographs of the once-in-a-lifetime and the day to day.

What I see...how I see it.

10 on 10 {January 2013}

Who knew that I would make it through each and every month of 2012 with a 10 on 10 post? (Hint: not me!)  But I did…WE did, this generous group of talented photographers (now friends!) from everywhere. We’ve traveled, entertained family and friends, shared milestones and the everyday of our lives. So when Katie asked who wanted to commit to another year I thought, absolutely!

We all love Polar Express and a December trip with the girls to see Santa in his natural habitat…yes, please!

I am so happy that you came along for the ride! We thought it was truly magical!

Now continue through the circle and welcome a new-comer to our group.  Can’t wait to see what Gretchen of This Little Life Photography has to share.

Tags: ,

Like this post? Share it!

• Facebook
  • Diggit

11 Responses to “10 on 10 {January 2013}”

1. Emily says:

What a great experience- looks like so much fun and you really captured the details perfectly!

2. Lerin says:

Oh, how fun! My children would love something like this.

3. Christy says:

How fun!!! I wish we had something like that around here.

4. Gretchen says:

These are great! Kinda felt like I was along for the ride. Love her face looking at Santa. You’ll cherish that one forever!

5. Laurie Schultz says:

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am excited to get to know you this year, I love the way you documented this day. You have such strong composition in each shot, what a magical day it must have been!

6. Heather Robinson says:

What fun!!! My daughter would LOVE this train. Love all of the details that you have captured. And the light bokeh is awesome!! Can’t wait to see more from you next month!

7. Alise says:

Wow what a trip! The pictures are beautiful!

8. Lisa Howeler says:

Oh these are enchanting! I love them! We were going to do something similar this year, but didn’t get a chance. I hope we do next year, before my son stops believing in Santa.

9. Katie says:

Oh these are great! We were supposed to do the Polar Express but couldn’t. Looks like so much fun! You should send these to Polar Express people to use in their marketing. The photos are amazing! And so excited you’re doing another year. I love having photog friends to follow!

10. Rachel says:

What a wonderful experience for your family! Looks like so much fun! Great series of images!

11. Ami P says:

Jan, this looks like an amazing day!!! So much fun!